Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grandparent's Day 2011

 
Grandparent’s Day 2011, fell on a day in which most events were geared towards a rememberance of that fateful day… 9/11/01. My confession…I didn’t watch any of the tributes. I can’t. It’s still too incredibly painful for me to allow myself to go there.

Instead…I spent my day celebrating Grandparent’s Day. It’s not that I don’t “remember”. It’s not that I don’t think about that day, almost every day. But, today…I chose to celebrate life. Spending the day with Finn, my two year old grandson, reminds me too… of just how precious and beautiful life can be. Today was a reminder to me…to live life…to the fullest…every day. As we played and ran in and around the Rose Garden at the Des Moines Arts Center, I thought to myself…this is how we should live our lives every day….not tiptoeing through the tulips as the song goes…but fearlessly running through the roses. Not afraid of the thorns that may come our way but, reveling instead…in the beauty and the music that surrounds us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment