Monday, September 12, 2011

Quilts for Blank Children's Hospital - Des Moines

Recently, I had a conversation with a gal who works at Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines about donating some quilts.  I admit, I was thinking about making cute little baby quilts to donate.  I was told that they already receive a lot of baby quilts, and really have a need for quilts for older children.  I organized a sewing day with friends and here's the quilt top I finished.   Perhaps the child that receives this one will feel stronger with Superman wrapped around him. 


Girl quilt made by my friend Ann


I think my friends and I will have about 10 quilts to donate.  My goal is to get all of the quilt tops machine quilted and back to their creators for bindings so that they will be ready to deliver by the end of the month.  <insert finger crossing here>  Promise I'll post pics when they are all done. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment