Saturday, September 20, 2014

Corner to Corner Curve Strip Ruler

Last week I was in Chattanooga for the AQS show, working with my friend and mentor, Rita Fishels, in her Creations Sew Clever booth.  Rita, is not only a  quilt shop owner, author, speaker and teacher...but she also designs, consults and National Demo Goddess for Creative Grids USA. 

Laura (Rita's SIL), Myself & Rita in Chattanooga

So many people walked into our booth and said "Creative Grid Rulers are my absolute favorite rulers to use!!!".  A few suggested they would be selling all of their other rulers (one woman said for fifty cents a piece) and replacing them with  Creative Grid brands.  They've got these great little "grippy" (that's a word) circles on the back of the ruler so they stay in place while you cut your fabrics.  No sliding around!    One of the most popular rulers was the Corner to Corner Curve Strip Ruler.  Say that three times fast!

Corner to Corner Curve Strip Ruler

Now, I'd say the reason that ruler is so popular is because of a quilt that hangs in the booth and attracts people because it's such a stunner!  May I introduce to you....
 
Curvaliscious
 
Well, after watching Rita demo this ruler last week, I came home and decided I just had to give it a try myself.  The ruler not only comes with an instruction sheet but if you go to the Creative Grids USA website, you can watch a video of Rita giving an actual demo.  It's like having Rita right there with you to guide you along the way!  I'll attach the link here so you can go and take a look.
 
 
 
In that instruction sheet are also some  variations that you can create with the blocks that you make!
 
 
 
  I pulled out some purple Halloween print and a couple other coordinating pieces today and put this ruler to the test!  I can't believe how easy it was to sew these curved seams.  Once I finished sewing the seams and pressing each block, I used the 3.5" Square Creative Grids ruler to square up my blocks before sewing them together.
 
Here's the block I made today!
 
 
Sew much fun!!!
 
I'll be helping Rita again in her booth at the AQS Quilt show in Des Moines, Oct 1-4th!  If you're coming to the show stop by and see us...you're going to want one of these rulers!  You can also order the rulers, or the Curvaliscious pattern at Rita's website at the link below.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment