Saturday, March 28, 2015

Do you....EQ? You Should!

 
 
On newsstands now!  Check out my latest quilt in McCall's Quilting!
 

McCall's Quilting May June 2015
 
Made from Kona Cotton Solids in shades of purple with just a dash of green.

 
 
This is the one of the very first quilts I ever designed using EQ7 quite some time ago.   I had just upgraded my EQ5 program to EQ7 and was practicing away, in fact, I'm pretty sure I have it saved in approximately 47 different color ways.  This quilt is made from two of the blocks that can be found in the Block Library.   If you've been contemplating EQ7, I say "Go For It!!"  The program comes with an entire Fabric Library too, but you're also able to upload jpeg files of the actual fabrics you'll be using, so you really get a good look at what your quilt will look like when it's finished.
 
EQ has lots of tutorials as well to learn their program.  You can also create your own original quilt labels to print on your inkjet printer!


EQ7 has a gazillion (maybe more) blocks and layouts to choose from as well as options to print instructions for rotary cutting or foundation piecing, as well as printable templates.  For the star block in this quilt I was able to use a Tri Recs ruler (not to be confused with T Rex) so completing blocks went pretty quickly.  

1 comment:

  1. I just bought it and have been playing with it a bit. About the time I think I got it...I don't! LOL! Practice practice practice I guess! :-) Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete