Saturday, August 1, 2015

New Martingale Release - A Bit of Applique

I've just downloaded a copy of A Bit of Applique by Amy Struckmeyer, a new Martingale publishing release, and I have to say I'm really enjoying this book.  Applique is not my first love...in fact...I've been know to avoid it.  I'm on this kick of forcing myself to try new things.  Amy's book has several small projects that don't seem too intimidating so I chose the Retro Flower Tote  to make and it's turning out really adorable.  The instructions are easy to follow with plenty of pictorial shots to help along the way.
 
 
A Bit of Applique by Amy Struckmeyer
 
 


Amy's Retro Flower Tote
I dug through my scrap bin and found a few leftover layer cake pieces from one of Vanessa Christenson's Moda lines (Simply Colors by V&Co) which worked perfectly for the flower petals.  I found a bright golden yellow for the center and now I'm just getting to  the point of creating the lining.   The "hard part" (for me..applique) turned out to not be so hard at all and went quite quickly.  I'm thinking I might just have to make another Retro Tote Bag!  There are also instructions for turning flower into a pillow.  Really cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment